Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Jonas' "Official" Birthday

Wow a big one-year-old!! Where did this year go!?! I can't believe it has gone by so fast! We had two birthday celebrations for Jonas this year. One on his "real" birthday (June 12th) and then a birthday party with all the family on June 18th. Most of our family was out of town on his birthday so we had to postpone his party until everyone was back!


Jonas has brought so much joy to our family! I had no idea how much we had been missing by not having a little guy in the family! The girls love and dote on him and he takes all of it like a real trooper! He is such a happy and easy going baby! He is all boy however, and loves anything loud! He loves to bang, pound, kick, shake anything that will produce an annoying repetitive sound! He coos at the sound of a motorcycle driving by, a diesel truck, and the lawn mower! What a cute little guy! He is the best boy ever and we are so glad he is ours!! Love you Jonas!!


So the girls and I decided since we were having just a little celebration on his birthday we would make some cupcakes for Jonas. For those of you that know me at all I DO NOT bake! I am terrible at it! In the 26 birthdays I have been in charge of in my married life (all of the girls birthdays and 10 of Larren's) I have NEVER once baked a cake! The nice ladies at whichever bakery I happen to live closest to have always helped me out! So making cupcakes for Jonas was going to be a brand new feat! In fact (I digress) a few months back I went downstairs to check on Audrey and Grace in the playroom and they were baking a cake in their play oven, the oven door was open and both were fanning their hands screaming "call the fire department the cake is on fire!" and I thought to myself "what a suprisingly accurate portrayal of my baking skills!" So there you go - baking is not in my skills set! However, nothing too terrible happened much to my surprise! They were a little dry but all and all not too bad! Anyway the girls decorated them Savannah and Audrey were on frosting duty and Grace was the sprinkler! It was kind of a fun project for all of us to undertake, but at his party on the 18th the kind ladies at the bakery took over for me - thank heavens!!

Here are some snapshots from the festivities on his actual birthday!

Audrey on frosting duty!

Grace sprinkling away - she took her responsibility very seriously and did such a cute little job!

Make a wish sweet boy!


Jonas taking his first bite of his cupcake! He loved it! Yummy!

There is one happy and satisfied little birthday boy! What a sticky mess! Next he was off to take a bath!

Larren's parents sent a present for Jonas and I was so glad they did as we were waiting to give him his presents from us until later - The box was quite a challenge for him to get open, but he was determined!
His next tactic was trying to wrestle it to death, but after some effort he managed to get it open.

Mama K sent some fruit snacks for the girls because that is a snack they love that she always buys for them when she is here visiting - the girls were so excited that Mama K thought of them!

Jonas liked the fruit snacks too! And the outfits were so cute! Thanks Mama K and Papa!!

1 comment:

Jen Gillespie said...

Too cute. Can't wait to see pics of the party!