Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Lately. . .

Wow! So I haven't blogged in a while - and I decided that big deal, so we haven't had any major excitement for a while, it's been nice to live a somewhat quiet life the last few weeks! A rarity for us but a nice change! I started a new project this year, like I needed another project - but this has become more than a project, it's become a whole new way of looking at and living my life! I started my Project Life 365 in January, and the goal is to take a picture every single day for a whole year and document life as we live it and seriously I am loving the experience! It has made me stop and notice the simple things I do with my family each day and has given me a new appreciation for the blessings in my life! I live a very good and blessed life and I am so thankful for this new little project that has given me that perspective! It has made the mundane and routine, fun again and the ordinary, exciting! I think somehow I got in a rut where it was like a just put one foot in front of the next kind of mentality and this has me looking around again and noticing things I haven't noticed in a while, it has been a really inspiring experience and the funny thing is I was already living this way, this is my life, I just wasn't noticing, appreciating it, or enjoying it as I should. Finding joy, laughter and fun again has been so good for my soul!

So in the spirit of my new happy little insight I thought I would just post several pictures of the simple little goings on we have had lately. We enjoyed some glimpses of the nice weather to come and have taken full advantage of those moments, we have worked together and played together and that is all we have been up to lately . . . .

Our first outing to the park, the girls will spin themselves silly in these things! It is hysterical and a little crazy!
So there was still a little snow pack at the park! Jonas had a great time playing in it and digging in it with sticks! Poor little cold toes though!

Sliding down the slide - I can't believe how much bigger he is this year than last year! He can go all by himself now! What a big boy!

We've enjoyed lots of living room forts!

With our new 9:00a.m. church time slot we love Sunday afternoon drives - here we are coming into Swan Valley. So beautiful - even with the snow!
A little falling down building on the way to Victor, Idaho, I would love to take a picture of the kids in front of this building in the summer and whenever we drive by this little shack the girls and I make up imaginary stories about a family that might have lived there "back in the olden days!" It was fun to see it in the snow! Maybe we'll get our summer picture this year too!

More of our drive!

So the day before this picture was taken, Grace had been playing outside and splashed in lots of puddles and came in soaking wet, wet shoes and wet pants up to the knees, so now back to the day this picture was taken. So when she went outside I said, "Grace, no splashing in puddles today!" "OK, mom." So later I go outside to tell her it was time to come in and I found her standing under the rain gutter on the back deck letting the water draining out of the rain gutter just pour down on her soaking her completely head to toe! I said, Grace!" She looked at me and said, "Mom this is not a puddle!" She was right, it was not a puddle! Here she is soaked head to toe - NOT from a puddle!

Audrey doing a little spring cleaning of the driveway! She loves this kind of stuff and love me to come check out her work at the end, she swept and swept until all the winter grime was gone!

Grace tried and tried to hula hoop, it was so cute to watch her try over and over again!

More hula-ing!

Look at those hips working it! She is so cute - I am constantly amazed at her spunk and determination! She is so much fun!

We went out to dinner at Pizza Hut to cash in the hard earned Book It coupons, they had earned enough coupons that all four kids got a free personal pan pizza! How sweet to share them with Grace and Jonas! It was a fun night out!

Grace enjoying her pineapple pizza - that is all she wanted on it - just pineapple and of course cheese! Interesting choice - but she downed it in no time flat!


Jonas is a big fan of pizza too, only he calls it zeppa for some unknown reason! It is so cute to hear him ask for it - and he asks for it a lot - one of his favorite foods!

So there you have it - our life lately, nothing too terribly exciting, but our life nonetheless and we love it!

2 comments:

Jen Gillespie said...

Your life is so exciting! I wouldn't call it mundane at all. Not with all those cuties! Fun to see what you've been up to. We too enjoy Sunday afternoon drives!

Jamie said...

I love your idea of the 365 pictures during the year! I haven't updated my blog for a while cuz I feel like nothing has happened. When, in reality, LOTS has happened if I would just notice it! :) Thanks for the great idea!

P.S. Your kids are soooo cute!!!