Thursday, January 7, 2010

Winter Dance Recital

The girls participated in their winter recital on December 19th. It was so much fun for them - there are limited pictures and not even all the costumes got photographed between the three girls, they were 7 dances! Yes I said SEVEN! So I had serious costume and hair changing situations going on backstage - it was ca --raaaazy! I had Emily backstage with me frantically trying to help get them all ready in between numbers but it was crazy and we missed getting some of the costumes photographed for lack of time! Several times we were chasing Savannah down the hall trying to finish bobby-pinning hair into place as she is racing for the stage - it was a wild night! Many of their dances I only saw by peeking in from the side of the stage - three girls in dance what am I thinking?!?

Here's the breakdown!

Savannah danced in 4 dances
Christmas in California - hip-hop
Ice Cream Freeze - hip-hop (it is the competition piece)
Where are you Christmas? - ballet
Fame - jazz

Audrey danced in 2 dances
Ice Cream Freeze - hip-hop with Savannah
Where are you Christmas? - ballet also with Savannah

It has been fun this year for them to be taking classes together! They have really enjoyed being together and it is fun watching them practice at home!

Grace made her debut in 1 dance
I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas - jazz
Here is our new little dancing queen! Oh she looked so cute on stage doing her little dance! It was adorable! She knew the whole dance and in fact also did a little assisting to the little girl next to her - silly girl! It was really really sweet though! She is my kind of shy child when it comes to things like this so I was nervous for her, but she did amazing no stage fright whatsoever! It was so fun to watch her and she was so excited to finally be in a recital like the "big sisters!"

Look at all that amazing hair Grace has! WOW! When her teacher said she wanted their hair in a curly side pony I thought "fake hair here we come!" The poor child has no hair, but for one night she had a long curly pony and she thought she was something else!

Here is sassy Audrey in her Ice Cream Freeze costume. This is her favorite dance. period. She sings this song non-stop at the house and does the little moves! It's a Hannah Montana song of course so who wouldn't just love it?!? Audrey has a talent for putting on a show no doubt, she loves this kind of stuff and playing to an audience is right up her alley, she absolutely loves performing! It is a really cute dance and she did great in the recital, she has such a big personality and it just reads all over her face how much fun she is having! She never needs to be reminded to smile or look excited she just is and so she always looks it!!

Here is Savannah in her Ice Cream Freeze costume. This has been a little bit of a tough year for her with dance, she was not naturally blessed with amazing dance talent, so it has been frustrating for her at times, because she knows what she wants to dance like and where she wants to be and it just doesn't come easily to her. Despite the frustrations and disappointments she has worked so hard, and strives to be better. She never complains about going to dance, she always runs into class with such exuberance and is so eager to learn, her persistence and dedication has been really inspiring! She has taught me that just because you may not be blessed with a particular talent does not mean you can't develop a love for it and she does LOVE dance and she works so hard despite the disappointments and I am so proud of her for that! And in my eyes she is the most beautiful dancer because I know her heart and the love and hard work that she puts in and that is truly beautiful and reflects outwardly!

This is Savannah's hip hop costume for Christmas in California - it was a really cute dance too! I feel really bad I missed getting her other two costumes and Audrey's ballet costume documented, but trust me they were cute and it was a fun night for all the girls. Grandma, Grandpa, Aunt Emily, Aunt Lisa, Kaylee and Lydia all showed up to watch the girls and that was really great! I love living close to family so we can love and support each other, it makes it fun! Grandma and Grandpa came through with roses for all the girls! Thank heavens for grandparents, because I often forget that part as recital days are crazy hectic! The girls were thrilled and exhausted - it was a really really good night!

No comments: