In my typical fashion there's a story . . . So going way back - when we found out we were expecting Jonas we realized we would have to do some rearranging. Originally we had Savannah and Audrey sharing a bedroom upstairs and Grace was next door in the nursery, but with a little guy on the way things had to change. We moved Grace into the upstairs bedroom with Audrey and that room was way too small to put all three girls in together, so Savannah had to move downstairs, which meant I had to make a very difficult decision, I had to give up either the playroom or the guestroom/office. Well in the end it was a no brainer with 4 little ones we can't live without a playroom, so there went my office and guestroom, sorry Papa and Mama K and sorry for me too, there are days I really miss that office space! But Savannah was way excited to get her own bedroom, she moved down into the guest room and lived with it guestroom-ish for 6 months and then for her 8th birthday we gave her some new bedding, some art for her walls and her dad promised to paint her room. Well that promise was made in December 2008 and finally in October 2009 Larren and Savannah got to work! That's kind of how things go around her sometimes! It was really a fun daddy/daughter project for them to do together, they painted and then got all the art hung. She was so excited when it was done, especially since she had waited . . . oh only 11 months for her makeover to finally get underway! It turned out really beautiful and she is really happy with it! See for yourself!
Friday, January 15, 2010
Extreme Room Makeover
Savannah got a bedroom makeover this fall and I had every intention of putting pictures of the finished product on back in October when we finished her room, but as with many other things, life gets crazy and then before I know it 2009 is over and I never got to it! So this will ceremoniously end the posts of 2009 (even though it's 2010 - doing the best I can!) because this was one I really meant to get to and Savannah has only asked me about a zillion times, so after this 2009 is in the history books and anything I may have missed - well it just got missed!
In my typical fashion there's a story . . . So going way back - when we found out we were expecting Jonas we realized we would have to do some rearranging. Originally we had Savannah and Audrey sharing a bedroom upstairs and Grace was next door in the nursery, but with a little guy on the way things had to change. We moved Grace into the upstairs bedroom with Audrey and that room was way too small to put all three girls in together, so Savannah had to move downstairs, which meant I had to make a very difficult decision, I had to give up either the playroom or the guestroom/office. Well in the end it was a no brainer with 4 little ones we can't live without a playroom, so there went my office and guestroom, sorry Papa and Mama K and sorry for me too, there are days I really miss that office space! But Savannah was way excited to get her own bedroom, she moved down into the guest room and lived with it guestroom-ish for 6 months and then for her 8th birthday we gave her some new bedding, some art for her walls and her dad promised to paint her room. Well that promise was made in December 2008 and finally in October 2009 Larren and Savannah got to work! That's kind of how things go around her sometimes! It was really a fun daddy/daughter project for them to do together, they painted and then got all the art hung. She was so excited when it was done, especially since she had waited . . . oh only 11 months for her makeover to finally get underway! It turned out really beautiful and she is really happy with it! See for yourself!
Here is the first half of the bedroom. There are some office remnants that had to stay put, but don't worry all you out there I am NOT a psycho mom she has no computer access, it is password protected, once and a while she gets to play webkins on it, but that's pretty much it, mostly a decorative piece really! She does like to do her homework at the desk, however! The clock on her desk is a coo-coo clock, it is so cute when the little bird comes out every hour! OK truth be told it would annoy the heck out of me, but Savannah loves it and sleeps right through all the coo-cooing all night long, how she does that is beyond me, but she loves her little clock!
Here is the other half of her room the art is really cute at least I think so, anyway so after nearly a year she got her room made over and decorated - I was a teenager before I ever got my own room, she is one lucky lady. I thought she would be maybe a little nervous being on her own, but nope she couldn't be happier! She really works hard to keep it clean too, so that keeps mom happy!
When Audrey found out Savannah got to have a picture of her room on the blog, of course she wanted a picture of her room on too, now they didn't get a makeover per se, but when Grace moved in, we bought them matching bedding and put the flowers on the walls for fun! I think their room is pretty dang cute too, and I'm glad they love it! They are sweet little roommates, most of the time!
In my typical fashion there's a story . . . So going way back - when we found out we were expecting Jonas we realized we would have to do some rearranging. Originally we had Savannah and Audrey sharing a bedroom upstairs and Grace was next door in the nursery, but with a little guy on the way things had to change. We moved Grace into the upstairs bedroom with Audrey and that room was way too small to put all three girls in together, so Savannah had to move downstairs, which meant I had to make a very difficult decision, I had to give up either the playroom or the guestroom/office. Well in the end it was a no brainer with 4 little ones we can't live without a playroom, so there went my office and guestroom, sorry Papa and Mama K and sorry for me too, there are days I really miss that office space! But Savannah was way excited to get her own bedroom, she moved down into the guest room and lived with it guestroom-ish for 6 months and then for her 8th birthday we gave her some new bedding, some art for her walls and her dad promised to paint her room. Well that promise was made in December 2008 and finally in October 2009 Larren and Savannah got to work! That's kind of how things go around her sometimes! It was really a fun daddy/daughter project for them to do together, they painted and then got all the art hung. She was so excited when it was done, especially since she had waited . . . oh only 11 months for her makeover to finally get underway! It turned out really beautiful and she is really happy with it! See for yourself!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
cute...when are you and emmie coming to do my house?
So cute. I love both of them.
Post a Comment