We have a fun Halloween count down calendar. It has little pockets and we fill it with a little treat to get everyday as we count our way to Halloween night. Grace and I went to the store and stocked up on treats and then when we got home she was so excited as she filled all the pockets with three treats in each. She was so cute counting them out and getting identical treats for each pocket. She took this job very serious! Ahh - that's so sweet but wait there is more to Grace than sweet . . .
Oh much much more! Now for the mischievous (that's the polite description - ya know) side of Grace - oh my this child!! She gives me a run for my money so much of the time! She is my most challenging three-year-old by a mile! So she gets this calendar all ready to go and then on more than one occasion she has been caught robbing a little treat for herself from the calendar! We have arrived at multiple days to find the treat short by one or two or missing all together!! More than once we have had tears shed over this dang calendar! Oh Brother!! She is definitely my let's see what trouble I can cause next child! Of course the missing candy is a complete mystery to her! Grace, Grace Grace!
OK so here I am typing this very entry on my little Grace and she just walked in my room and announced "mom, I had it with today!" and promptly turned and marched right back out of my room! Where on earth would she have gotten that line?!? But as I was saying some days with her are so hard right now and yet just as I am about ready to pull my hair out she entertains me some off the wall line that she no doubt heard from me! She keeps me so busy with little disasters here, there and everywhere! Just to name a few (yes, there are more than I will mention here) in the last couple of weeks - let's see . . . crayon all over the piano, melted red Popsicle on the couch and carpet, sugar all over the kitchen counter and floor, every pair of socks and panties that belonging to both her and Audrey were thrown all over their room, Styrofoam packing ripped into little pieces all over her room and the living room - now that stuff is a nightmare to vacuum up it is so static-y and clings to everything - oh man I better stop I am feeling exhausted again!
Anyway as I was saying naughty yes, super naughty (er . . . I mean mischievous:) in fact at times but also so sweet and cute and very serious about our Halloween festivities! Here she is so proud of her hard work! Life with Grace never EVER a dull moment! Wild child aside - I do love this little three-year-old of mine!


No comments:
Post a Comment