Savannah looking cute on the edge of the pool. She has grown up so much! What is happening to my little girl??
Grace doing a front float with her teacher, she loved the water! Grace was in level 1 this year, which is the non-stop crying level for most kids - many, many kids in her class as a matter of fact! I am happy to report that my little Grace did not cry for one second! Not ever! Such a big girl!
Grace looking cute and waiting for her turn!
Grace goofing off! Grace never cried but she did struggle with being patient at times and when she was supposed to be waiting on the steps for her turn she would jump off the steps into water over her head and have to be rescued by a teacher, who put her back on the steps. She was a repeat offender and did get a time out now and again! Crazy girl!
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Swimming Lessons
All three girls took swimming lessons this summer, the whole month of July. They loved it and really progressed I was so impressed. Savannah has become a true fish and has surprised me with how much she has learned and how daring she is! Grace was so excited this year because last year she and I and a 3-week-old Jonas sat on the bench and watched for weeks on end because she was not potty trained. This year all she could talk about was how she was potty trained and could take swimming lessons. She loved it and so did Audrey, no surprise Audrey's loves everything, she has a zest for life I wish I could capture! Jonas and I sat and watched and laughed OK I laughed a lot I will admit, but we all had a great time! Here's the proof!
Audrey doing a back float! She really sailed through her lessons, she had so much fun! She was kind of awkward and spastic in the beginning but really caught on quickly, the awkward and spastic was entertaining to watch, but it was also nice to really see her get the hang of things!
Grace jumping off the diving board . . . well not so much jumping as eventually being dropped off the end of it by her teacher, this was a bit to scary for her this year!
On the other hand, Savannah needed no encouragement! She loved jumping off the diving board and swimming to the edge of the pool! She had no fear and as you can see there was no teacher in sight to catch her! In her level diving was part of every lesson and finally by the end she was not belly-flopping - well quite so much! That was definitely part of the laughing I did! It was FUNNY!! Poor girl!
This is Jonas' seat for all swimming lessons, he enjoyed breakfast every morning al fresco as we watched the girls swim! Swimming lessons were at 9:00am in Shelley so we had to book it out of the house everyday and breakfast was one of the things we did not get to at the house before we left! He is seriously such a good baby, never any complaint from him of sitting in the stroller day after day! He loved watching all the action and the splashing, a few more years and it will be his turn!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
how cute! So glad your girls like it and that Jonas was good too. Jason took them too and sounds like he had the same problem as Grace..hard to stay focused. What are they, 3 or something?
Way to go girls! Your swimming lessons look fun! And of Course Jonas is a doll! Thanks for sharing!
So cute! I am going to show Audrey the picture and caption about Savannah - she is nervous for friday...diving board day!
Post a Comment