Monday, August 24, 2009

Audrey's 6th Birthday Party

Why I love Audrey
She makes life fun!! I love watching her enthusiasm for life! She does the mundane with exuberance! I love how happy she is truly ALL the time, she is so carefree and has not a worry in the world! She loves to sing and dance anything really where all eyes can be on her! She is also so kind, sweet, thoughtful and is a true caretaker! She loves help me and anything I ask she jumps to pitch in and tackles any task with such a good attitude! She also has enough drama and some diva in her to keep us all entertained! If I had to sum it up it would definitely be her zest for life, she has such excitement and enthusiasm for everything and she reminds me daily to find joy in the little things! I love you Audrey my sweet girl!!

Breakfast in Bed
In true diva fashion Audrey wanted to begin her birthday with breakfast in bed! She had a specific menu in mind! She requested French Toast, bacon, "Grandpa's" hash browns, and orange juice. It was fun for us to get up and make Audrey breakfast, she grew bored of waiting in her room for breakfast to be ready so she kept coming out and checking up on us. However, when breakfast was ready she ran and quickly jumped back in bed so she could officially eat her breakfast in bed!

Splash Park
Audrey wanted her birthday party at the Splash Park in Rexburg! We had a wonderful time! The kids loved playing in the water, it was so nice because we were practically the only ones there! We ordered pizza and bread sticks for everyone, a big hit with all the kids! We just enjoyed watching the kids play and eat and play and play and play! It was such a fun party for our little six year old! Here are the snapshots of all the fun!! Woo Hoo!!


Savannah and Ashlyn getting ready for a race down the slide!

I just thought this was a cute picture of Kaylee running, she has such a cute little run! It was such a beautiful evening and it was so nice to have the Splash Park to ourselves!

Grace weaving in and out of the fountains! She loves the water! I can hear her giggling and squealing in my mind! She is so cute!

Audrey was trying to cover a spout with her hand and not let any water escape! She wasn't ever completely successful but she kept trying! Kids are so funny!

Jonas and Ronan playing in the water! OK so I have never had a boy before and seriously baby boys in swim trunks are so adorable! Seriously I have never seen anything so dang cute! It was fun to watch them play. I thought it would be too cold for them but they loved the water and played and played in it!

My little Jonas splashing in the fountain, it was just the right height for him!

I couldn't resist posting this cutie pie picture of Ronan! I am so glad that Jonas has Ronie and Kyler to grow up with! How fun for the little guys!

Audrey is singing "Best of Both Worlds" by Miley Cyrus or is it Hannah Montana? Whoever - you know what I mean! Anyway she was singing at the top of her lungs and dancing up and down the "stage!" This is her in her element and it is so fun to watch, although Kaylee is her only fan at the moment! She still performed as if she were in front of millions! Love our show off girl!

Grace freezing!! Brrrrrrr!!

Audrey opening the present Papa and Mama K sent! It was a kit to make bracelets! She LOVED it!

Audrey opening a present from Lisa, Mike, Kaylee and Lydia! Two cute shirts for a cute girl!

Emily gave Audrey a skirt and little top to go with it! Audrey loved it! She loves being a total girlie girl and would wear dresses or skirts everyday if I would let her! Here is one more to add to her collection!

Audrey picked cupcakes this year, I just have to say a couple things about the cake and candles which if you can see spell out Audrey. So we were looking at Rite Aid a few weeks before her birthday and I was looking at gift bags and she noticed this bin full of candles that were in the shape of letters. She looked for awhile and found a few letters that were in her name and then she said to me "mom guess what? There are six letters in Audrey and I am turning six! Can I get these?" I was so impressed that she would think that through and figure that out - seriously I was shocked so then how could I resist? They really looked cute too on her cupcakes! As for the cupcakes the day we were planning to go to Walmart to order a cake she said to me "mom I need a cake that screams water, beachy stuff like that because that's my theme!" I struggled to keep a straight face between the it needs to "scream" and the "that's my theme" I was completely amused, she is such a crack-up! And that is so typically her to say something like that! I love it! Well we couldn't find a water or beachy cake so she settled for these colorful cupcakes because they were the colors of the Splash Park equipment, so apparently that was themey enough for her!
McKade! Need I say more?!?

1 comment:

The Broderick Family said...

Cute it was a super fun birthday. You are going to have to send me some of those pics too cute!