Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Wonderland and Final Recital

May saw the end of the 2009-2010 dance year for the girls. For their spring recital the studio did a production of Wonderland (a version of Alice in Wonderland). It was a really fun performance and the girls really enjoyed being a part of it. They also had a final recital where they performed their competition pieces on final time. It is always bittersweet, nice to have a break but sad to see it all end. This was Grace's first year and she absolutely loved it, she tends to be a bit of a shy child in front of new people or in new situations, but she just blossomed and experienced NO stage fright whatsoever! She did so fantastic as a little baby oyster! She loved every minute of it too! It was so fun to watch her and I was amazed at how well she performed on stage! Woo hoo, Grace! Audrey and Savannah were both fish and their costumes were so pretty, blue and purple and sparkly - really gorgeous, they loved wearing them. Savannah was also a bluebird and a mushroom, it was fun to watch all of them - just so cute!


Here is our baby oyster! In the performance she wore a white baby bonnet and white gloves, they were the cutest little baby oysters ever!

Audrey in her fish costume, they wore fish headpieces in the performance, but this was such a beautiful sparkly costume with all the stage lights.

Savannah in her bluebird costume.

Bluebirds.

Fishes!

Mushrooms! This was a 70's style disco hip-hop dance, it was really fun!

Oooooo! Look at that sweet little baby oyster! Love it!

I just can't get enough of that little oyster girls! She was so stinkin' adorable!

We were leaving for the show, heading to the garage when Audrey's costume caught the sunlight! She twirled and twirled watching all the sparkles on the walls!

Award ceremony!
All the girls and their friend Audrey Hansen after the final recital!

Savannah and the other Audrey!


Sweet sisters! I just love it! It's been a great year, summer will be a welcomed break and then back at it again next fall!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Your girls are so cute! That is so fun that you were able to watch all of them in the same recital. And, I LOVED the picture of your daughter spinning with the lights reflecting off her costume!

Kendria said...

Wow! That recital was quite the production! I bet the girls loved every minute of that! So cute :0)

Jen Gillespie said...

I'm so sick of seeing that Civic Auditorium sign when I click on your blog, praying for a new post! Hopefully Halloween will be starting point! hint hint, nudge nudge