Saturday, April 11, 2009

Our Artsy Girl!!

Walmart had a coloring contest for Easter this year and both Savannah and Audrey wanted to enter. They both grabbed a stack on entries (in case they messed up) and came home and got straight to work! They both actually chose to enter their egg pictures! We got a call yesterday that Audrey's picture had won for her age group! It was a little disappointing for Savannah of course - but to brag on my Audrey a bit more . . . .I told Savannah first that Audrey had won and that hers hadn't and she was sad, that can be a hard thing for a kid! Then I called Audrey up to tell her and Savannah was sitting on the couch next to me and I told Audrey that she won and the first words out of her mouth were "what about Savannah's?" I said "no hers didn't get picked this time." and she hugged Savannah and said "don't worry sis, I'll share my prize with you!" She didn't jump for joy or scream "Yeah" first her VERY first concern was for her sister! I love her sweet spirit and compassion! Anyway we went to Walmart to get the prize and Audrey was so excited! You should have seen her with employees telling the all about it how she colored, how she picked the colors you know all the facts! They were all smitten, she really can be so adorable! We were all very proud of her and she really is a good little colorer!

Here is the winning coloring page! Audrey always has been amazing at coloring! She presses so hard though with the crayons that sometimes her hand gives out before the picture is through! But not this time! She stuck with it and did a fantastic job! Way to go Audrey!
Here's our winner with all her loot! Congrats Audrey!

No comments: