Tuesday, December 29, 2009
Letters to Santa
Writing letters to Santa is always a big thrill for the kids each Christmas! We have always "suggested" to them that they offer Santa three ideas so that he can "choose" the one he thinks would be best and bring it on Christmas Eve. Santa has always brought one unwrapped, set-up, ready to play with present and a stocking, what a great guy! So anyway this year was no exception to our offer some suggestions idea for the kids - Santa has always been able to come through with the top requested item in the past, never had to move down the list, but this year he about had to on Savannah's list, she nearly asked for the impossible. You guessed it a Zhu Zhu hamster & their habitat! Are you serious?!? Leave to Santa to come through in a pinch, I'm sure it was an easy task for him, or not!! But nonetheless he managed it!! Santa is amazing!
Here is Audrey slipping her letter in the slot, She requested Littlest Pet Shop, I was kind of excited for her, we have every girl toy imaginable, but Littlest Pet Shop has been perhaps the one remaining hold out, now our collection of every girl toy ever invented is complete! Way to go Audrey!! Santa brought her a Littlest Pet Shop Clubhouse and 13 pets, she was so excited and then Larren and I added to the madness with one of our present to her being a Littlest Pet Shop Vet Care Center or something like that, she loved all her new little creatures and they have been a hit for all the girls!
Grace's letter is ready to go! She requested a "cram" now to the untrained in the language of the three-year old this request may be baffling, but thankfully I am up on my three-year old translation skills and can tell you she requested a pram! Not a stroller mind you, don't be confused!! She made that very clear to Santa, it had to be a pram, it is a well known fact she has a fleet of strollers, what she doesn't have is a little pram and she wanted one more than anything . . . oh and a crying baby, Santa couldn't bring both, he just brings one gift, but thank heavens for mom and dad, who made sure there was a crying baby under the tree. In fact it was hilarious she saw the pram and loved it and then noticed it was empty, she kept saying "where's my crying baby, where's my crying baby?" I think she thought she had found a way to beat the Santa one gift system by requesting kind of a 2 for 1, but Santa was not tricked! Larren though made sure the first present she opened from us was the crying baby, she was ecstatic, it was really cute!! Her Christmas could have ended right there! She loves that baby and pram!
Here is Savannah and her letter requesting the impossible dream of a Zhu Zhu hamster & habitat! (side note: now that may sound like two presents, but Santa has generally made it a rule that if one item won't really work without the other item, he has to give a set, like the Littlest Pet Shop Clubhouse needed some pets and the Zhu Zhu hamster needed a habitat in order to be played with and that would look awfully suspect if mom and dad knew to give the habitat hmmm . . . very suspicious indeed! However Grace's pram fell into the stand alone category oh and I wanted the hugs and kisses from her which I knew I would get when she saw the crying baby from mom and dad!) I tell ya Santa has a very complicated job figuring out all of this stuff! Anyway back to Savannah, when I saw her write that on her letter I just thought to myself "good luck Santa!" I was really glad we seemed to have eeked out one more year of Christmas magic with her, we will see what happens when she goes back to school in January, what friends talk about and such, but it was nice to have one more year than I bargained for! Santa is amazing I tell ya, he not only came up with one Zhu Zhu hamster but three, all of the girls put Zhu Zhu hamsters on their list, Savannah was the only one who had it on the top of her list. Once again Santa was met with the dilemma to not look suspicious, so he came up with ingenious idea to give Savannah all three and leave her a note instructing her to pick her favorite and then to give one to each of her sisters, since this looked "like a toy that would be even more fun to play with if you could all play together!" Savannah was excited to help Santa out, she picked her favorite and then gave one to Grace and Audrey! It was a neat moment for us as parents to see her giving spirit! She didn't balk at the idea even for a second, she really is a sweet girl!
Look at that cute little guy, letter in hand! He slipped in the slot all by himself! So what would a little guy want?!? Well a huge Tonka dump truck of course, is there anything more tough little boy than that! He has been pushing it all around the house, it is huge and metal and all of us have bruised shins and there are spots on the walls that have a little gouges here and there, he apparently hasn't mastered a braking system, but he sure loves it! But I tell you the first time he drove that thing into my shins, I was thinking Santa had made a terrible mistake! That thing has some horsepower or I guess you would call it "Jonaspower" geez he is a wild man! It is really cute though and looks very "I'm a tough guy" and we needed some of that around this place!
Savannah holding Jonas while he is standing on Santa's base, I realize none of the pictures show the whole mailbox, but you can tell from the red legs and boots it is a giant Santa! It used to always sit down on the green belt by the Snake River, but the last two years it has been outside the Museum of Idaho, we'll track it down wherever it goes, my kids love the tradition of dropping their letters off here!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Hey Carol- Thanks for posting pictures of the kids mailing their letters. I was just telling my kids how I sent letters to santa and then I read your blog. It sounds like you had a good Christmas. Happy New Years!
That is a GREAT idea with the Santa letter and having 3 choices! Cute pics as always!!! And I love Savannah's party idea - adorable!
Post a Comment