Monday, November 16, 2009

Halloween Costumes

Halloween costumes were really fun this year for all the kids! Savannah found hers in a magazine and wanted to make it! I took one look at it and said "that looks like something that needs to be made in the garage! Let's have dad help you with it!" Audrey wore a costume Savannah wore a few years ago, but with a new twist! Grace wore a new one I bought her last year after Halloween! Yeah! She didn't have a hand-me-down! Kind of fun once in a while and that is really all it ever happens! And Jonas was just a boy and we've never had one of those so it was super fun finding a little costume for him! Here are a few snapshots of all the kiddos! They are SO adorable!
Savannah wanted to make this cute hot air balloon costume! It was such a great project for her and her dad to work on together! When Papa and Mama K arrived they helped finish it, it became a fun little group effort! She entered the costume contest at Boo at the Zoo, at the request of the Mayor no less! OK here's the story . . . we were walking through Boo at the Zoo (they have two costume contests each night and we had already missed the first one, so the last one was coming up like an hour from this incident) and the Mayor of Idaho Falls stopped Savannah and said, "I love your costume! Are you going to enter the costume contest?" Savannah said, "I don't know." And the Mayor said, "You have to, that is a great costume!" Then he kind of leaned toward her and whispered, "I'm one of the judges!" Needless to say we entered her in the costume contest and she won FIRST PLACE! Woo Hoo! Way to go Savannah! Her costume was very popular, lots of people stopped her and told her how fantastic it was! So much fun for her! She love being crafty and creative, so not my thing, but I'm glad she loves to do it!

Here is a cute close-up of our little hot air balloon pilot! Oh I just think she is such a pretty girl! I don't care that I am biased!

Oh my little golfer Jonas! It was love at first sight I tell ya when I saw this costume! It was just so him! He may kill me later when he sees the pictures, but I could not resist, it was too cute! I entered him in the Boo at the Zoo costume contest in his little age division and he won THIRD PLACE! Lots and lots of people thought his costume was pretty adorable too! He totally had the personality for it and so that really made the costume! I think this will be way hard to top! I loved him in this costume!
Here he is sitting on the steps with his clubs! Call me biased again, but that is one handsome little golfer!

My sweet butterfly, Grace! I got this costume last year at Downeast after Halloween was over and saved it for Grace! I didn't show it to her last year, so it was so much fun to see her face when I showed her the costume! She loved it! She had been wearing the wings around the house for weeks before Halloween! She looks so sweet and how fun for her to have her very own costume that no one ever wore! That is a pretty rare thing when you are the third girl in a row!

The costume consisted of the tu tu, the onezie and the wings and was adorable, but the funny thing about Grace is that immediately in her mind the costume wasn't complete (now she did love it mind you) but she noticed right away there were no "tennas!" She became fixated on the missing "tennas," it was so weird, anyway the week of Halloween, I explained this to Carolyn (Mama K) so we searched for anntenae and found nothing sold separately, so we bought parts and pieces and unassembled and reassembled and Mama K got these "tennas" made to put the finishing touch on Grace's costume! Turned out pretty dang good if I do say so myself! And that completed the look and she was on happy camper with her little "tennas" stuck to the top of her head! What a girl! And a very pretty one too!

Here's our little Mulan! I got this costume for Savannah when she was in Kindergarten, and it was still a little big on Audrey this year and she is in 1st grade! She is so tiny!! Anyway Savannah wore it and looked adorable in it, but Audrey and Grace must be two peas in a pod, because I didn't put any make-up on Savannah the year she wore this, but Audrey pointed out to me in the "matchmaker" scene when Mulan's were this type of outfit, she has "white make-up, blue eyelids and red lips!" I said "no I don't think she does." Audrey said, "look it up, Mom!" We looked it up and sure enough there is Mulan in white make-up, blue eyelids and red lips! So Audrey wore the Mulan costume with a twist! She's all dolled up! She looks so cute! And in the end she was right the make-up is fun and really makes the costume! And look we have another gorgeous girl! I'm biased and I'm fine with that!!

She entered the costume contest at Boo at the Zoo too and took SECOND PLACE losing to her sister! They were in the same age division! She was thrilled with SECOND PLACE! She is thrilled all the time, life is just fun to her always! She really wanted Savannah to win, she is just that kind of sister! Love her for that!! Every kid that entered won! So funny! I tried to get Grace to enter, but she was way too shy! She is funny that way - not shy around us but she has no desire to be in front of people she doesn't know! We had a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place finish! I'm not sure we will be invited back to Boo at the Zoo next year! Not sure I want to go back actually, especially if the kids are counting on me to get them to finish in the top three again next year! YIKES! Pretty sure this was a fluke and not something I could ever duplicate again, but the kids had a great Halloween and they all loved their costumes!

1 comment:

Nettie! said...

The costumes were all awesome and deserved the prizes!!!